Leading medicine in South Korea, Gangnam Severance Hospital
- World’s first clinical introduction of anticancer drug-eluting biliary stent
- More than 3,000 cases of robotic assisted da Vinci surgery
- Early gastric cancer diagnosis provided using Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) practiced after cytoreductive surgery in patients diagnosed with stage IV colorectal cancer
- Introduction of Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) during surgery (breast cancer, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, etc.)
- Site of Korea’s first lung transplant surgery
- Muscle cell transplant for patients with intractable muscular dystrophy
- Successful idiopathic colonic perforation surgery on an Extremely Low Birth Weight(ELBW) infant (630 grams)
Gangnam Severance Hospital was opened in 1983 by Yonsei University Health System to expand its medical business and establish a stronghold for healthcare delivery in Gangnam, Seoul, which used to be a neglected area when it came to high quality medical services.
The Hospital has demonstrated its undisputed excellence, including the first spine surgery to employ chemonucleolysis in 1984, the first successful lung transplant surgery in 1996, the first muscular cell transplant surgery in a refractory case patient with muscle disease in 1999, and the first successful surgery for enterobrosia in an ultra-low birth weight infant weighing 630g in 2003, based on its consistent investment to achieve qualitative improvements in healthcare. In addition, the Hospital built a trauma center, the first of its kind in Seoul, and introduced customer-centered, cutting-edge medical devices and systems, taking the lead in accurate diagnosis.
Gangnam Severance Hospital benefits from the excellence of Yonsei University Health System, South Korea’s first modern medicine institution. It strives to be a hospital that patients can be comfortable trusting with their lives.
Why Should You Choose Gangnam Severance Hospital?
Patient-Centered Care Services
At Gangnam Severance Hospital, patients have always been at the heart of our services. No patient’s concerns are too small for the staff at Gangnam Severance Hospital, who will endeavor to answer all questions while offering meticulous care at every stage of the treatment.
Well-Trained Clinical Skills and Patient Experiences
As an important pillar of YUHS, Gangnam Severance Hospital has been faithfully practicing the historically acclaimed ‘Yonsei medicine’ for decades. YUHS’s robust network of experts in each medical field guarantees the best treatment for you.
State-of-the-Art Healthcare System
AI-based diagnostic systems provide high-level medical services that combine the latest in medical and scientific technology, such as da Vinci robotic surgery, MR-LINAC, EOS and 3D printing technique.
Leading Hospital in the Treatment of Serious Diseases
Gangnam Severance Hospital has made significant clinical achievements, due to our outstanding medical professionals and treatment systems with particular strengths in serious diseases, such as cancers and cardiovascular and spinal diseases. We have a number of experts who offer specialized care for those with critical medical needs.
Specialized System for International Patients.
The International Health Care Center at Gangnam Severance Hospital has been operating since 2003. Each year, around 18,000 international patients are treated, from various countries including the United States, China, Mongolia, Russia and the Middle East. Translation and concierge services are offered to assist patients so that they can take full advantage of the hospital’s excellent medical systems.
Disease-specific medical care provided by a team of specialists
The International Health Care Center (IHCC) runs a Fast-Track Program to ensure speedy treatment from the moment an international patient arrives at the hospital. IHCC provides translation services in order to assist patients completing examinations and treatment. In addition, aftercare is offered through ongoing communication, even after the patient returns home.
- Cancer Hospital
- The Cancer Hospital has created a team of the best-available specialists covering thyroid, lung,breast, liver, pancreatic duct, stomach, colon, rectum, uterus, ovarian, larynx and prostate cancers.
Together this team can work to combat the complex disease that is cancer and provide care that is personalized for each patient.
- Heart Brain Vascular Hospital
- The key to the treatment of cardiovascular disease is prompt diagnosis and treatment. Over 2,500 aortic surgeries have been performed at our hospital since 2008.
Furthermore, since 2012 we have been operating the ‘Hybrid Operating Room System’, a futuristic high-tech surgical theatre.
- Spine Hospital
- As Korea’s first spinal care clinic, Gangnam Severance Hospital’s Spine Hospital offers a complete one-stop program from surgery to rehabilitation. We provide the best medical services in this field based on in-depth know-how accumulated over a long period of time and advanced medical technology related to spinal diseases.
- Dental Hospital
- Five clinical departments (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Conservation, Prosthetics and Periodontology) and five special clinics are in operation at Gangnam Severance Hospital’s Dental Hospital.
In addition to providing a pleasant and comfortable treatment space, the center is proactively developing cutting-edge technologies to restore the proper functions of teeth and to enhance aesthetic value.