Goals of Medical Education
mission and vision
In the spirit of God, creativity leading compassionate dentistry to serve humanity.
The YUCD and YUDH will strive to achieve the following: Quality education, Cutting-edge research, Premier patient care, Leading serving community.
- Quality Education: A premier institution where dedicated, creative-minded dental professionals are being trained for globalized, diverse educational opportunities and in-depth clinical training combined with research capability.
- Cutting-edge Research: A leading institution where advances in dental sciences and technology are vigorously pursued for training promising dental researchers.
- Premier Patient Care: A patient-oriented dental clinic, filled with caring and compassionate spirit.
- Leader in Serving Community: A caring and devoted institution to our community to reaffirm an identity as a dental missionary institution.
Goals of medical education
Goal 1.1. Globalization of educational environment.
- Certification of the YUCD by an international accreditation association.
- Expand the international externship program.
- Publish student research papers in leading international journals.
- Emphasis on English language during the pre-dental course.
Goal 1.2. Provide diverse educational programs.
- Incorporate basic scientific knowledge into clinical science in dental education.
- Develop a program to achieve professional ethics.
- Implement mentoring programs.
- Prepare the students to pursue lifelong learning.
Goal 1.3. In-depth clinical training.
- Standardization of clinical protocols and evaluation methods.
- Provide quality clinical training.
- Revamp case requirements for clinical competency.
Goal 1.4. Promote student research capabilities.
- Boost student group research activities.
- Increase research funding for student projects.
- Require students to make public presentation of their research findings.
Goal 2.1. Establish the YUCD as an internationally recognized research institution.
- Identify and push forward promising research projects.
- Promote high impact research output.
- Maximize synergistic effect between scientific research and clinical applications.
Goal 2.2. Create a leading dental science research environment in Korea.
- Organize functional research units.
- Expand and functionally reorganize laboratories for research activities.
- Increase the number of top-notch researchers and auxiliary support staff.
- Establish a research support system.
Goal 2.3. Train promising dental researchers.
- Reorganize the graduate program according to global trends.
- Expand the pool of dental researchers and establish a clinician-scientist program.
- Require graduate students to submit a research paper to an international journal.
Goal 2.4. Promote international cooperation and inter-institutional collaboration in research endeavors.
- Establish a system dedicated to global academic communications
- Launch research projects jointly with industries.
- Encourage and support inter-institution research collaboration.
Goal 3.1. Top-notch clinicians and leading-edge dental facilities.
- Provide the best patient care and outstanding clinical research
- Create a forefront dental clinic.
- Recreate a favorable, positive image of the YUDH through specialized dental care.
- Implement global standards in dental care system for safety
Goal 3.2. Patient oriented dental care.
- Establish a one-stop dental care system.
- Adopt a specialized clinic-focused patient care system.
- Improve efficiency in clinic management.
Goal 3.3. A research institution to explore and lead the next-generation dental medicine.
- Establish a unified dental care center buttressed by forefront research and new technology.
- Establish a clinical research center.
Goal 3.4. A dental school committed to developing the future leaders of dental profession in Korea.
- Strengthen an educational program for clinical training for residents.
- Expanded overseas field study program for residents.
- Establish an interdisciplinary training program.
Goal 4.1. Reaffirm identity as an institution committed to dental missionary work.
- Reaffirm identity as an institution committed to dental missionary work.
Goal 4.2. Establish a missionary program for providing dental care to underserved areas.
- Provide dental care services to the underprivileged populations.
Goal 4.3. Short and long term overseas mission trips.
- Short and long term overseas mission trips.
Goal 4.4. Train missionaries in Dentistry.
- Train missionaries in dentistry to be sent to underserved populations.